I am now on day 8 of the Wild Rose Detox and it is going well. I’m past the lethargic stage and I find myself with a lot of energy. I no longer fall asleep at 2 pm. One question I get asked every time I tell someone about this detox is ‘What do you eat?’. The answer, ‘pretty much anything I want’. Obviously I stay away from the restricted foods, but there is no shortage of stuff I can eat. One word-POTATOES!! I love potatoes and they are allowed on this routine. Wild Rose Detox also allows you to go crazy with spices because they are actually amazing for you.
For my birthday, a friend gave me Oh She Glows by Angela Liddon. I’m not a vegan, but I do try to avoid dairy-cheese is excluded from that because PIZZA! I tried one recipe from this book while on this detox as I had most of the ingredients and it looked fairly easy to make.
Indian Lentil-Cauliflower Soup
1 tbsp coconut oil (or other)
1 yellow onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, diced
1 tbsp minced ginger
1-2 tbsp curry powder
1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp ground cumin
6 cups vegetable broth
1 cup red lentils, rinsed
1 cauliflower, cut into florets
1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
2 handfuls spinach
3/4 tsp sea salt
ground black pepper
chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat, add the onion and garlic and saute for 5-6 minutes
- Stir in the ginger, 1 Tbsp curry powder, coriander and cumin, and saute for 2 more minutes
- Add broth and lentils and stir to combine. Bring mixture to a low boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 more minutes
- Stir in the cauliflower and sweet potato. Cover and reduce to medium-low heat. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the cauliflower and sweet potato are tender. Season with salt and pepper, and add more curry powder. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted
- Ladle soup into bowls nd garnish with coriander
I didn’t have coriander, ground coriander, spinach or cumin. I added mustard seeds, turmeric and kale in place of the spinach. It tasted delicious. The soup was so yummy and filling. I really didn’t need much to be satiated. And a bonus was that my husband loved it too. I would definitely make this again.
Let me know if you guys make this, and how you put your spin on it.